This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is this capable of updating the thumbnailsphoto attributes from ADUC?

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Powerful sync utility for SP. It did not update our photos that were set on ADUC - was wondering if there would be a way to do this or how I could modify the code to fit our needs?
Coordinator
Jul 24, 2014 at 8:05 PM
It isn't currently, but that is something I'd like to do for the next release.
Jul 24, 2014 at 8:10 PM
Wow.. that was the quickest response I’ve gotten from a developer. Thanks for getting to it so quickly.

I just wanted to make it wasn't something available and I fudged it up somehow.

I actually have another method that I followed another user on Spiceworks. It’s a powershell script that can be tasked to run each night to update a custom list that you would create.

Your utility is the right approach, but with either solution – Photo seems to be the challenge.

Thanks for your hard work on this! Looking forward to the next release.
Coordinator
Jul 24, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Does that script function for pulling in the thumbnailPhoto (when it isn't commented out, of course)?

What I'll likely do is add a configuration switch as to whether or not to pull down thumbnailPhotos from Active Directory -- and also attempt to make it compatible with Exchange 2013's high quality photos.
Jul 24, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Edited Jul 24, 2014 at 8:17 PM
Trevor - No. I simply added the # so I don't forget about it when(if) I can get it to work. I probably left it there during the post as a mistake, it'll be corrected.

I feel like the PS-script only pulls text-information - I'm not sure of a way to convert that information down as "byte" - my PS-scripting is very limited.

It would be interesting to see your result sync with Exchange. We're getting ready to deploy exchange 2013 - so it will be very helpful in the future.

Anything I can do to help?
Coordinator
Jul 24, 2014 at 8:17 PM
Okay, sounds good. I'm moving my projects to https://github.com/Nauplius, so I'll be starting work on this change over there fairly soon, but I'll update this particular thread when it is ready so you get a notification.
Jul 24, 2014 at 8:18 PM
Thank you.
Coordinator
Jul 24, 2014 at 8:18 PM
One last question, are you using SharePoint 2010 or 2013?
Jul 24, 2014 at 8:19 PM
I have SP Foundation 2013 installed.
Coordinator
Jul 24, 2014 at 8:20 PM
Great, thanks -- I'll start with that version, then.
Coordinator
Aug 31, 2014 at 4:37 AM
Edited Aug 31, 2014 at 4:37 AM
FYI there is a beta with SharePoint 2013 support that allows you to pull from thumbnailPhoto or the Exchange 2013 EWS API.

It is available at https://github.com/Nauplius/FoundationSync/releases.